With the spring run off of snow usually the water in our little creek is flying by as fast as it can in April and the beginning of May and then it tapers down to a nice little creek that the kids can play in no problem by the end of June. Well not this year. The creek has been roaring full of mud for the last few months and the last week or so has been especially bad with the water rising high enough that they've issued a flood warning. Wonderful.
What makes me worry is that that it's also supposed to rain all week. I can see the water getting higher and higher just a few feet away from my living room window. I stepped out this morning and this is me standing on the back step of our back door looking towards the creek. I'm not good at estimating measurements or anything but it's not that far from eeking into my basement- maybe 7 feet but if the water rises another foot or so it'll flood into my yard.

Normally you can see the creek but if you want to reach the water you have to go down the bank a good 4 or 5 ft. When the kids stand on the bank of the creek I can't see them because the little hill of our yard is higher than they are. The trees are normally not in the water. No bank today, it's watering my flowers for me- yikes.

I would be saying yikes too! Hope all stays dry in your basement.
ReplyDelete:)Rachel
♡ Crazy! It's been so CRAZY HOTTT! I'm so glad it's cooled off today!!! I hope you guys stay dry too!!!
ReplyDeleteYikes! I hope you don't have to start sandbagging!
ReplyDeleteI would be freaked out too. Floods are frightening. It's still cold here in WI - it's like spring can't decide whether to stick around or revert back to winter. Frost warnings yet at night. . yikes! Best wishes & I pray your basement stays dry & your kiddos safe.
ReplyDeleteI cant believe you live that close to water. It would scare me to death (water does scare me to death) with little kids. And then do be getting higher and higher and swifter and swifterer. hehe, I had to add in the erer just to make myself look so smarterer.
ReplyDeletewater in the house when it is not supposed to be there SUCKS! I really hope that it doesn't raise that high. A tip from someone who has had water in her house. Your friend who jokingly said about sand bagging,if it gets higher and you get scared, not a bad idea. Better safe than sorry. Just trying to help. I will send good dry thoughts your way.
ReplyDeleteon another point-i hate to be a pest-but i need your info for the swap. Maybe you have already done it-i can't even remember who has and hasn't-anyway if you haven't go and check out the new info on the swap a couple posts back.
Ok-i have taken up enough of your time-hae a great dry day!
ps-I am jealous of your back yard! i would love to have that! It is beautiful! very private. Fun for parties!
It is really pretty though. I hope you stay flood free.
ReplyDelete