Monday, May 12, 2008

Back in the trenches

My Mother's Day was fantastic. I had breakfast in bed including bacon that was cooked to perfection, and you know how much I love bacon. I would marry it if it had a longer shelf life. The kids brought me cards they made with me drawn as a stick figure. Me- a stick right now, I automatically put those amazing pieces of fine art right next to my bed so I could see them every morning when I wake up and see what the kids think I look like. They are sweet, sweet angels.
Cody volunteered me to speak in church so I had that to worry about but the bacon euphoria helped and it wasn't that bad. I'm just a terrible public speaker. Cody's brother was conducting and gave my intro before I got a chance so I had to wing it, and I'm not a good winger as far as speaking is concerned anyway. I wish I could have brought bacon, then no one would have noticed my stumbling around my talk ;o).


Today is the real mother's day. The day mom has to get back to work and clean up from yesterday. Without mom today my house would look like it did yesterday. My bathroom is nuclear. Seriously it's glowing green and feeling the side effects of a lazy aiming 8 year old boy. What do you do for that? He knows better and he knows how to aim, at least he did when he was 3. Short of getting one of these suckers and lining the walls in stainless steel I don't know what to do...

other than clean my bathroom every day.
Can I rewind and do yesterday again, a do over? I promise to give a better talk.
No, then wish me luck and hope I don't die of toxic fumes (and that's before I get out the cleaning products). My goal is get my entire house clean today- spider webs and all, Ha!

5 comments:

  1. thats my goal also (to clean the entire house).

    You could put a dish of cherrios on the back of the toilet and have him toss one in when he has to go and aim for it? alhtough if he has to go BAD, he may start and also reach for the cereal at the same time and pee all over the side wall or something, like an out of control garden hose. hehe I am on my third son, I feel for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get everything cleaned today. I just need a maid. Love the urinal by the way. I KNOW i need one of these suckers at my house.

    :)Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♡ Lane is still in that stage of being careful but I don't look forward to the pee streaked walls! I'm sure it's coming very soon! Joe tried to volunteer me for a talk when were first married and he hasn't since!!! He almost died! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's the 34 year old that has the worst aim in my house! JK. I always say I'm going to have an all stainless steel - like a box of a room - bathroom installed in the basement & that's where all the boys can go to pee. I'll have a drop down sprayer to just spray it down after a nice coating of disinfectant. . .they can take showers in there too! Love the trough! but the spray back is not a nice thought:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing worse than a little boys bathroom! Yikes! One of Michael's DAILY jobs is to wipe down the toilet, base and FLOOR surrounding the toilet with a clorox wipe (or two) It keeps the mess at a minimum if he has to do it every day. PLus, with our new button system, I can garnish buttons for messes that are left for me to clean up!

    ReplyDelete