Friday, January 25, 2008

The Fifth Bean...


"This bean is not your or-di-nar-y bean" sing it with me! This song from Veggie Tales Lord of the Beans has been stuck in my head since my appointment yesterday. The fifth bean, definitely not your ordinary bean. Isn't it cute! I know it's only really cute when you can see the little limbs and you know what you're looking at but trust me- it's cute. We had our check-up yesterday and every thing's finer than frog hair. I forgot the scale there is about 5 lbs heavy (not just for me) so if you take off the extra 5 I've only gained 1 1/2 lbs so far. Last time I gained 10 before my first appointment, this is much better!

The baby is measuring right where I thought it would since I had a very strange month in Nov.
It's measuring a little on the small side. Since I'm due for another 9 lb baby I'll take it on the smaller side. Technically my due date should be pushed back by 3 or 4 days but my super excellent Dr. decided to leave it at the 22nd of August. That will be such a blessing when I'm laying on my side like a bloated hippo and dying of heat stroke and swelling- when you are 9 months pregnant in the middle of summer every day earlier counts!

Dr. Hibbert did try and fool me into thinking I was having twins- very funny, ha ha. He also let me know that I'm a "gran multip" which means I've had a bazillion kids so I'm higher risk. Nice. So that's the Womb Watch report. Tune in next month for the next update.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute little bean Jake is!

    :) R

    Isn't Dr. Hibbert Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny that he tried that. You should have said, "Oh really I hear that you usually miss the twin thing on the first check up!!!" :)

    Glad everything is going well. I think the ultrasound is very cute even without limbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Bridget I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations and my best wishes to you and yours, thanks for sharing your cute bean with us, hugs, Rosa.

    ReplyDelete