Friday, October 19, 2007

My first try...


And I think maybe I'll leave digital to the experts! I finished my very first digital scrapbook pages for the recipe swap. I did the pretzel page first and it was a breeze but the soup page- not so much. It's harder than it looks in some ways and very easy in others. I got frustrated with not having the embellishments that I wanted and because I have dial-up it had already taken me forever to get the papers.
It took me over 8 hours of loading (good thing it was t.v. night last night and I could just let the internet go!) different page elements to make these two pages and after looking at them I wish I could have loaded some other things. Until I get a faster Internet I think I'll keep with traditional paper. I LOVE the brushes though- I tried not to abuse them lol! It's so fun to step outside the box every once in a while and I'm going to love the cute cookbook when every one's finished. Thanks Sherelle for letting me join in!

4 comments:

  1. I think that they turned out really cute. I love the green scalloped/hole paper soooo cute. I totally am with you on the not having exactly what you want. It would be nice to know how to make up your own stuff? I wonder how they do it? Very cute layouts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first one didn't take too much time too. But the second one I spent WAYYYYY to much time on. My kids were running wild and I was in the zone ignoring them pretty much unless I heard crying. Luckily they didn't make to big of a mess. I think maybe it's good that I don't digi scrap cause I would totally neglect my kids. At least with paper scrapping I don't bring anything until they're sleeping because I'm afraid they'll ruin everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out darling! I've got one done and one to go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok yup they turned out cute! Love them. You make me want some warm pretzels! I don't think I could have done this recipe swapp with my cool oven and all. Glad you got your finished.

    :) Rachel

    ReplyDelete