I thought it would be fun to take pictures of Ashlyn's dress as I went along and show pictures of the different phases of how I make dresses but Cody took my camera on Saturday so all I have are the pictures of the finished product. This was the funnest dress ever and it came together so quickly. It took me 8 hrs from the very start to the last hand stitched bead and sequin, that's quick for me ;o). Very Gymbo inspired, oh and a shirt style that I want for me.


We tried to get a good picture of Ashlyn wearing the dress but we took her out right after church so the lighting was not so great. I never got a good picture of the "good" side with the dandelions on it. The dress didn't turn out exactly like the one in my cabeza but it's awfully darn close and who's gonna know anyway. Ashlyn calls it her wish flower dress. Cody calls it her golf ball on a tee dress. I call it done. Now bring on the pumpkin costume frenzy...
Good for you, you got it finished! Can't wait to see it in person. I love LOVE that ribbon by the way. And look at you hand stiching & beading. I think your nuts! But it's a cute nuts! :)
ReplyDeleteRachel
Very very cute. That's awesome that you didn't even use a pattern. I HAVE to have a pattern even if I'm going to alter in some way I still have to have somewhere to start and that's always with a pattern. It's so cute cute cute.
ReplyDeleteoh I forgot I was also going to say that I love Ashlyn's shoes too. very cute. And that ribon looks very familiar! :)
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE the dandelion puff! What a cute dress!
ReplyDeleteYou made that up in your head?? I am impressed! It turned out darling!
ReplyDeleteLove the puffy applique. That's a really cute idea!
ReplyDeleteoh wow! This is a.dor.able! You are incredibly talented!
ReplyDelete