Friday, November 5, 2010

Making new friends

00tattoorocks

We’re so hard up for friends out here in the sticks that my kids have resorted to playing with rocks. Rocks make the best toys. If you lose it you can always get another in 2 seconds and it’s really really hard to break them, not to mention they’re cheap ;). I figure if the kids are going to collect them and try to bring them into the house I should at least make them presentable.

All you need are a handful of clean rocks spray painted white and temporary tattoo paper. Yep, I tattooed rocks! I really stink at painting so the tattoo paper served as a decal which is perfect for the painting challenged like me. It’s a great easy craft to do with the kids and you can make them into whatever you want.

From this-00rocks

To this-

00tattoorocks1

Each rock only took a few seconds to do. You just print any image you want- I chose some from my silhouette software because they are stinking adorable but any image you want to print will work, follow the directions for adhering them, cut them out with scissors, and then apply your new friend. I’m not sure how long they’ll last but that’s kind of the fun of it. When the tattoo wears off we’ll add a different image! I’m sure you could try to seal them if you really wanted them to last longer.

I don’t know what’s more fun- tattooing the rocks or telling everyone “I’m tattooing rocks today, what are you doing?”.

If you want to find out more about the tattoo paper and even win some for yourself go here!

Have a fantastic Friday!

3 comments:

  1. only you would make rocks even cute. Your the BESTest

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH how I remeber the painted pet rock....and nothing has changed...we are remote & my companion is a very neurotic siamese cat,she doesn't meow, just groons...and drinks with her paw...then disappears under the kitchen sink when the kids get home at 5pm...re-appears when their in bed to give my bubby a lap dance (she has a thing for men) It's a double edge knife being remote...but somehow it's great...at least our kids get creative play & are getting plenty of Gods blessings....Thanks for making me smile today with your post...!
    Cheers nIc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, i'm all over this!! If i could only carry MY friends in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete