
It finally happened. My home computer kicked the bucket Friday. It's no more. We backed up our system a couple months ago so I still have most of my pictures from August back but everything else (Halloween, projects, videos) are gone. It gave us some warning this spring with all the problems it was having so we did back it up. I'm choosing to look at the glass half full even though I've lost a lot of hard work and a bunch of stuff I had lined up. At least it died before the baby came so I don't have to cry over lost newborn pictures.
I'm off to mourn the loss and hope these contractions pick up. You might have to put up with chubby baby pictures instead of projects for the next week though... sigh.
oh bummer! so glad you had most of the pictures backed up-our computer did crash a while back and I went through a tough week thinking I had lost all my son's newborn pictures-so lucky someone was able to retrieve them for us! I just did a huge back up so I'm pretty up to date-it's a good reminder for all of us. Good luck with those contractions!
ReplyDeleteoh, I'm so sorry. losing pictures is the worst! We finally got an external hard drive with our new laptop and it just stays plugged in and backs up everything on the computer whenever it has been idle for 5 minutes. I double check every now and then, but all of the most recent pictures are always on it. The peace of mind is worth it :) Can't wait to see these chubby baby pictures.
ReplyDeleteChubby baby pictures are better than projects anyway! That is rough, though. I hate losing stuff. This is motivating me to plug in my external hard drive.
ReplyDeleteOh this stinks! Great job staying postitive. I hope your baby comes soon.
ReplyDeleteRats - you have a good attitude!
ReplyDeleteI *SO* want to see chubby baby pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteI need more babies!
We lost (or thought we had lost) all the family 50th wedding anniversary pics with a crash. Then my amazing hubby found software that retrieves deleted pics off the camera's memory card (who knew?)and we were able to avoid some major drama at subsequent family get-togethers:)
ReplyDeleteWow...new baby and computer together...now that's exciting!