Thursday, September 23, 2010

Gotta check it out

I love waking up in the morning with my mini wheats and checking my email first thing to find happy mail. I got an email a few weeks ago from Marcia (who made the adorable dresses I posted about here) that a group of sewers on SewForum wanted to do a challenge and chose to do the Double Layer skirt.  So exciting, totally made my month.

Here’s Terri’s version-

ChallengeSkirt%20001%20[640x480]She sent the picture to me and I asked her if I could share it.  Don’t you love the added bias around the bottom!  I can just see this with a cute sweater for fall.

I hope anyone thinking about making one of these skirts checks out Sewforum first.  You might have to register there to see the pictures but it’s worth it.  There are so many cute skirts on there in all different variations with new ones being added all the time. I’m completely inspired to pick up project cousin again and crank out a skirt or two and mix it up following some of their ideas. If you want even more inspiration you can also click on the links at the bottom of the double layer skirt post on my blog under the comments where it says “Links to this post”.

I love it when something I’ve done inspires others who inspire me all over again.  That my friends is why sewing rocks!  Things just get better and better the more they are made and the more people that make them.

Have a fantastic Thursday! I’m blushing and gushing all over.

1 comment:

  1. I'm participating in the challenge on sewforum, too.
    I haven't made mine yet, but I'm really enjoying all the entries.
    thank you so much for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete