Saturday, June 13, 2009

What's better than free street candy?

 

Well I can tell you right now, there's almost nothing better than free candy thrown to you on your doorstep.  May not sound good to you and I but to one 3 year old it was much better than Halloween.  One of the many perks of living on Main St. I'm going to miss.  The annual Stock show parade was yesterday and with my oldest three in it Kaci had the block almost to herself. She picked up the cutest princess wave and because of it got a few pounds of candy.  I think her curly hair gives her an advantage ;).  If only they threw chocolate.

Kaciparade

 

Ashlyn and Mary are in dance and Mary was so excited to dance in the parade... then she decided she didn't want to dance last minute.  She walked and waved a flag instead.

mackparade

ashparade

Ashlyn was totally into it and danced her little heart out, I could hear her repeating the steps out load down the street.

ashparade1

Doesn't this picture make you want to install a disco ball and sing "Stayin' Alive"

Jeremy was on the church float again as a cowboy.  A hatless, horseless, chaps less cowboy but a cute one none the less.  He's the cute blue bandana boy.

Jimfloat

And yes children in Oregon have faces ;). Protection and all that, I'm sure you understand, plus I'm crazy good with the blur tool in photoshop!  I'm not great at lightening dark photos but I've got the blur thing down.  I'm also testing out a new blog publishing tool thingy and I LOVE it.  It's cutting my blog publishing time in half.  Not to mention how stinking awesome it is at loading all my pictures. Such a relief to someone with serious a.d.d.

Have a great weekend! 

8 comments:

  1. We love the stock show parade and being in Ohio has kept us away for several years! We're already planning on it for next summer! I don't think your kids could be any cuter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. would love details on the blog publisher... great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love parades!
    Wish my children were still at an age where they loved them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!

    I'd love to hear about your blog publisher, too!

    Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We use to live on Main street in a small town, I loved it. The snowplowing was awesome in the winter. The parades and fireworks in the summer, and a marina on Lake Michigan 2 blocks away. Main Street living does have some perks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that will be a bummer to move away from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Parades are much more fun when you know someone in the parade. I'm interested in the magical blog publishing tool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. too bad they always throw out tootsie rolls!

    ReplyDelete