Friday, June 5, 2009

Happy days.

No not the show, that's before my time (I think). I've been so wrapped up in what's going on around me it's easy to forget the little things that make me smile. I'm sharing mostly for my own therapeutic writing purposes but also because these are the things that made me happy. That and chocolate ice cream.

Kennedy is 9 1/2 months old and getting to be such a stink! I love her to pieces and she cracks me up. I was trying to feed her breakfast this morning and she would not pay attention. She was starving but couldn't focus so I snapped to get her to look at me. She's learned how to click her tongue, she's been doing that for a while, but today she lifted her hands above her head squeezing them and clicking- she was trying to snap! I love her. Of course when I tried to video it the little red light mesmerized her and she wouldn't preform.




Jeremy has been bugging me for the last year to cut his hair into a mohawk. I told him I would do a "faux hawk" but he wanted the real deal. I'm a mean mom and said I couldn't do it so dad got involved. Cody gave him this little number Saturday night.



We had church the next morning. I think I already mentioned I'm a mean mom and I told him it had to go. We documented it... the last of the Mohawkans. He had a "faux hawk" for church and got the rest of it shorn on Monday. The hawk was short lived but it did make me smile. Until Sunday morning anyway.

And this little ditty. This was Ashlyn's birthday cake. Wait, before I show it I should warn you. My mom used to decorate wedding cakes. She is awesome. Really awesome and still gets asked to do them, although she doesn't do it anymore. I'm not just saying that either. They were perfect! She did not teach me what she knows. Shield your eyes...


I'm so glad I didn't charge anyone to make this or it would be on Cake Wrecks. I told you I don't do cake. Like the mis matched candles? I was going to cut out a butterfly but cake scares me and as you can see for good reason. I usually have a big head and am very proud of the work I do but this my friends, this "thing" does not a proud moment make. She liked it sort of. In the "gee thanks mom, is this my butterfly cake?" way.

I should have stuck with the kitty pops. It makes me smile though. My mom is the all around ultimate crafty/cakey/sculpting/painting/you name it person and I am so thankful for all she taught me. I didn't inherit doll making and apparently I wasn't slapped with the cake decorating stick either. I can sew though ;). Thanks mom!


2 comments:

  1. I like that cake! and all the other pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures. I only decorate flat cakes. I like your 3-d butterflies.

    ReplyDelete