Monday, June 1, 2009

3 reasons to celebrate today!

First, Ashlyn turns 7 today! I can't believe what an old lady she is. That's 49 in dog years, she's gonna love that. She was my tiniest baby (7 lbs 9 oz.) and my first girl so to see her losing teeth and asking for digital camera's and cell phones breaks my heart. Pretty soon it will be laptops and boyfriends... heaven help me.

The second reason to celebrate is today is the last 1/2 day of school! WAHOO! Now I have more slaves to help me pack, I mean now I get to spend quality time with my oldest two. No more homework freak outs!

The third reason is in honor of Ashlyn's birthday and my kids letting me sleep until 6:30 instead of 6:00 today I'll be doing a giveaway. How about one of these?


Just leave a comment wishing Ashlyn a happy birthday, remember she's 7 so nothing your momma would blush at please, and I'll let her pick her favorite comment and post it on Thursday. The winner will get just the canvas 8 x 10" art in his/her chosen object or animal and name (anything you want) without the frame. If the winner doesn't show his/her face by Saturday I'll re-draw, I'm not a fan of hunting anyone down like a dog to force you to take your prize so please come back Thursday if you've left a comment.

Have a great Monday. I'm off to carve a butterfly out of a round layer of cake. That's how much I love her.

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ashlyn! You are so cute in your picture. I hope you have a wonderful birthday full of butterflies, pixie dust and rainbows. May your day be full of happiness and presents.

    Bridget - My husband cut out my sons Mickey Mouse cake by printing an image from the internet and placing it on the cake as a pattern. Good luck! I love the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Ashlyn has a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthdays are sweet,
    birthdays are heaven
    birthdays are fun
    especially when you're SEVEN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashlyn- I hope your birthday bright and sweet. I can't wait until my little girl Abbie is seven. She has a while because she is only three months old, and I hope she will have a pretty smile just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Ashlyn! I love your shirt! My daughter turned 7 a few months ago and when she turns 8, she wants me to make her a rainbow cake. I can't wait to see what the butterfly cake will look like, I can't even cut out a butterfly on paper-crafty moms rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment is from Brinley!

    Happy 7th Birthday Ashlyn I hope you have a fun birthday today! Maybe you will get more littlest pet shop toys.

    From:
    Brinley B.

    Now this is Rachel:
    I have to add I hope you have a FABULOUS BIRTHDAY TODAY MISS ASHLYN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your cute Ashlyn! She is really a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Ashlyn!! What a great way to kick off summer!! I have a 7 year old little girl who is about to finish 1st grade! She is ready for summer too!!

    Thanks Bridget- the cupcake is adorable- so is Ashlyn's shirt- what a clever way to do 7!!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  9. ♥ I love her shirt! Very cute! I'm so glad school is out and like you said no more homework freak outs! :)

    I hope that Ashlyn has a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Ashlyn! Your shirt and hat are too cute for words (as are you)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Ashlyn! My daughter Isabella just turned 7 a few weeks ago, and I made a shirt like that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Ashlyn!!! I can't believe you are already 7! I remember having you in nursery and I said... if I ever have a little girl, I want to name her after you! So... I hope that my little Ashlyn who is 3 now grows up to be just as beautiful as you are! Happy Birthday and hope you have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful birthday, Ashlyn! I hope it is filled with lots of blessings and happy moments that will make for the best of birthday memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Ashlyn! Seven is my favorite number because my daughter turns 7 in December! I'm totally digging your cute outfit!!

    Hope you get all that you wish for on your birthday!!

    Janet
    rreminator@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 7th Birthday Ashlyn! I just loved the Hello Kitty treats for your birthday - I have three little girls that would LOVE it if their mama could make those! Hope you enjoy your special day with your friends and brother and sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ashlyn..keep telling your mom that this is your lucky year..since it is lucky #7!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a cute cupcake and that name....Kimber how cute is that! ehehehhehe

    ReplyDelete