Monday, December 1, 2008

Of sales and heel chunks.

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving, so much to be thankful for! Cody volunteered to be called out and had to work most of the morning but made it back before everyone started in on seconds so that worked out. I got my stuffing fix- yum! Kennedy looked so cute in her shirt, much cuter on.

I'm one of those crazy people who loves Black Friday. It's a yearly tradition for my mom, sister, and I. This year mom wasn't around so my sisters came along with me. It was Kira's first year with us and I have to say, she has much to learn. She was our "wing man" and she did great for a first timer. Just not Pro-wing man- yet. We'll get her in training before next year though. They're going to kill me for taking their picture with my cell phone ;o).

It's the one day a year I can understand why Cody likes hunting only Black Friday is so much better because you get to bag several things in one day and there's no clean up. I still don't understand the wood flavored gum thing though. Maybe if they made "sale" flavor or "Blitz" flavor I would.

Anyway, the shopping this year was amazing. Not so much because of the sales or the misty rain we stood in at 4:45 a.m. but because everyone was generally polite. They were even giving us donuts on the way in. We have an entrance "play" so we don't have to wait in line and it worked beautifully. Everyone was generally having a great adrenaline hopped up time. Except old heel guy, but I don't count him. He was sort of a rogue shopper, a ticking time bomb. I think he was up eating breakfast at Denny's at 5 a.m. and thought he would pick up that random tube of Bengay while he was out. Little did he know it was Black Friday! He was behind me in an isle and said "How do you get out of this gosh darn (well not that but this is a clean blog) store" and proceeded to give me a heelectomy with his cart. MAN DOWN!! I'm not one to let a little blood and hangy stuff stop me so we pressed on. That seriously compromised my fly by pallet time but we came out victorious with every item on our lists. Our hunt was a complete success! Of course living in a town that only has a Wal-Mart (I'm not even close to joking guys) really cuts back on the size of your list too. I can't wait for next year, Boise here I come and I'm wearing shin guards and high tops.

Something cute and crafty next time :o).



6 comments:

  1. I too am black friday freak! I live for it! I love it!
    I was able to get through the lists as well. I even got a couple of things that I didn't expect to find Wa-hoo!
    I am so sorry for you only having Wal-mart. If that would have been the case-I would have been home and back in bed around 4:45. I was ticked this year. Last year, wal-mart had all the sale items all under black plastic. this year-they just let you get whatever, whenever-you just couldn't check out until 5~!! So not fair!
    Luckly-I did get everything on my list. I picked up the last couple of things of the floor on a couple of things, but got them none the less!!
    What would we do without shopping? Can't wait to see what you come up with for tomorrow.
    PS-Do you have any patterns for felt food? Have you ever made it before? Got any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you did well. I am sorry that you got hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay the Heel Chunk in your title made me want to chunk.... Just the thought of it hanging there... :)

    I actually came out of Wal-mart that morning with a headache. See I am getting old.... And little Miss K looks cute all turkey'd up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♥ You crack me up! I found that people were really decent this year too.

    I totally understand the only having a walmart thing and I'm so glad we actually have stores now!

    Did you hear about the walmart employee in NY that got trampled to death! Yeah not so nice over there on the east coast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I went too. Only I slept in this year. I first got out at 7:30 AM. I know, sad. But I really did quite well with this new approach:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black Friday is a tradition for me and my mom, too! Except last year I lived in Arizona, so I went alone and to Joann's (lots of fun). I hosted Thanksgiving this year and we decided to do BF more low key...mainly because I live in a town with only Walmart too! Well we have Costco and home depot and other stores like that, but no Target or shopping malls. Oh wait we do have a Penney's (a sad small one). Anyway, we didn't go all out and I only had one thing on my mind...get a Cricut Expressions! Well and help my mom. It was total fun! Kennedy looks super cute in her turkey shirt.

    ReplyDelete