Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The great raccoon reveal

Sometimes i get a little cocky. Okay, sometimes I get really cocky. After my sheep and pillow turned out fairly well I decided I can make *anything* without a pattern. When Jeremy handed me his 3rd draft of his Christmas list and a stuffed raccoon was #1 on all 3 lists I thought to myself - "You can so make one" because stuffed raccoons that aren't made for toddlers are a little hard to find in this one horse town. After scouring the internet and having a few ideas passed my way I couldn't find anything that 1. I had the supplies to make and 2. wasn't store bought. I found a cute illustration that reminded me of a raccoon Pokemon so I went to work. From an illustration. A flat illustration. Here is where my version of the illustration comes in...


Meet Redo Raccoon, a 6 hour labor of flat snow angel posed love-




Just like when I burn food and it becomes "Cajun" I messed him up but labeled him "shabby". He and Jeremy both like snow angels so they should get along just fine. Of course that's Redo's only pose.

Other names up for consideration are Roadkill Raccoon, Reconstruct Raccoon, Rigor mortise Raccoon, My Retna Raccoon... I could go on and on. From now on I'll leave the stuffed animal from an illustration making to the professionals in Hong Kong.
Also, if you could spare a spare minute I would love it if you would follow this link and vote for my blog on Tiffany's blog The Crafty Homemaker. She so graciously put me on her blog as one of the top 10 blogs of the week and if I get the most votes I will be in the running for a fabulous prize and blog of the year in January. If you go and vote you are also in the running for a fabulous prize package. It's a win win! Just go and leave a comment on her blog to be entered to win. I'm going to have to check out a few of the other blogs myself, some of them are new to me and my feed reader has been a little slow with the posts lately.
Have a great Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. I went and voted for you. Thought it would be a good break to get myself put back together. I was laughing so hard at your alternative names for the raccoon. He actually looks a lot like the image you used for inspiration.

    But seriously, after that pillow and lambs, you have every right to have cocky moments.

    Oh, and I wrote about you on one of my blog entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That raccoon is better than what I would have made :) I went and voted for you too!! BTW-that bird pillow that was in your last post ended up in one of my dreams last night....weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pose for the Raccoon. hehe I voted for you. Have a wonderful day. have to run run run

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted for you! I LOVE the Raccoon! You totally do rock. . . I will hopefully post my latest creations sometime soon. I've made a couple of doll skirts for my nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I wouldn't even begin to know how to make a stuffed raccoon, even from a picture! I'm still impressed you manage crafting with 5 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Redo is adorable and def one a kind. I'm sure your son is going to love it. I would notice all my flaws on something too, when everyone else would think it was just great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you went ahead and tried - I get so afraid, I always have to have a pattern. Then after I buy a pattern, I think it was stupid!

    ReplyDelete