Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sock horse- check.

Mary's birthday will be here before I know it and I have so much to do. I have to decide what kind of cupcakes I'm going to make so I can go get supplies, find where I stashed her gifts a month ago and wrap them, clean the house, and where oh where can I buy an elevator?

I asked her what she wanted for her birthday the other day and she told me "I want an appaloosa horse, a new pinky pie because there's a yellow mark on her, an elevator..." and several other things I can't remember right now. So I asked a little more about the elevator and apparently it's just too hard to climb the stairs to go to bed at night so she needs one. I should have wished for one for my birthday, I could really use one right about now!


I'm really not prepared for anything right now, Mary's birthday or otherwise but darn it- I got the sock horse finished yesterday. Thank you Cody's family taking my oldest 3 on a super long mountain ride and Kaci for taking a 3 hour nap. I love the color scheme but for some reason it looked so much better without eyes. I might rip them off if Mary wants me to. The socks were super cheap and cute and the yarn is 100% cotton (not sure why it's shiny in the picture?) not that creepy acrylic stuff. I can't wait to make more- eyeless next time.


Have a great weekend, and yes I'm still plugging away at trying to open up my Etsy shop- hopefully before Christmas- sheesh!


21 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I don't have any girls, but I want a pink stripey sock horse too! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to add. I am so totally making a monkey now. Thanks for the enabling....

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute.. i want one for my little man. i know you are about have a baby, but would you consider taking an order for a 2 year old b-day in october? let me know. you can e-mail me at leslee_21@netzero.net.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! brynley needs one of those!!! I think it's cute with eyes.. plus the colors would match brynley's room PERFECT! Let me know if you get to making more to sell!! :o)

    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter LOVES horses...I may have to order a sock horse for Christmas!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. I love that colour scheme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE IT! I think this is a GREAT gift:) I could use the elevator too. . .let me know where you find one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your version of the sock horse, very girly...
    I'd love an elevator for my birthday too and I don't even have stairs at my house... LOL!!!

    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so cute, i think the eyes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute. I smell......toys for humanitarian projects!!! I know you have plenty of time right now. Get busy! Cute! Did you make it up?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!! I really want to make one now-I love seeing your creations Bridget!! Thanks for sharing them-I'm excited about your Etsy shop-let me know if you have any questions about setting up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, so cute!!!! You are one talented woman. I want a elevator too. but then I would feel like I get no exersize whatsoever! So I guess I will do without for now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. do you have a pattern for your sock horse??

    ReplyDelete
  15. exuse, but do you have pattern for sock horse, because my sisters birthday is coming up and she wants a sock horse, i have looked at heaps of instructions for making sock horses and it is actually sock hobby horses.
    thanks xx

    ReplyDelete