I've got some answers! Blogger doesn't let me email answers to comments so I thought I would share them here for the good of all.
1. Cinnamon rolls- How very very rude of me to show my yummy cinnamon rolls and not share the recipe. It's my favorite roll recipe from Cody's aunt Dianne. These are super easy, back in the days when I couldn't get anything to rise to save my life I would make this dough and it would work every time. Makes great rolls too. Love it!
To be fair- I make the dough according to directions but I dump as much butter, cinnamon, and sugar as I want. I usually use a cream cheese frosting recipe for the top but last time I was out of cream cheese and did a simple glaze. Still good either way.
Never Fail Rolls
2 Tbl. Dry yeast
½ cup sugar
¼ cup warm water
2 tsp. salt
2 cups warm water
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup butter, melted
6 cups flour
Mix yeast with ¼ cup warm water. In separate bowl (kitchen aid) combine 2 cups warm water, sugar, salt, and eggs and mix. Add yeast. Add flour to other ingredients and beat vigorously to a soft dough. Let rise ½ hour. Place in fridge for 2 or more hours. Dough can stay in fridge up to 2-3 days. Roll out with quite a bit of flour. Cut into desired shape and dip in butter. Arrange on cookie sheet. Let rise 1-2 hours. Bake at 425 for 12-15 min.
*For Cinnamon Rolls*
Add a ½ tsp. lemon in the dough (optional).
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup raisins (optional in my opinion-yuck!)
2 tsp. cinnamon
Roll into a rectangle and spread melted butter over dough. Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon, and raisins. Roll like a jelly roll and cut with a string 1” wide. Place on
buttered cookie sheet ½ inch apart. Let rise 1 hr. then bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Aunt Val's Cream Cheese Frosting
1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz.)
1 cube butter softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar
Beat cream cheese and butter together until fluffy and smooth. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat the tar out of it until creamy. Add to cooled rolls (or it will melt).
2. Digital scrapbooking- the program I use is just Adobe Photoshop Elements. I'm stuck in the days of yore with my dial-up Internet and disposable digital camera and my photoshop is the same way. I use 2.0. I'm still learning and I'm hoping to get a higher version this spring, but since I'm very cheap and I still can't spring for high speed- 2.0 suites me just fine. I think it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Jessica Sprague has some great tutorials for little tricks you can do with photoshop on her blog. Most of her things are tailored for a higher version but I can do most of them with my version as well.
3. Hairbows- I recommend Suave Professionals curl enhancing spray gel extra hold in the teal green bottle. I fix my girls' hair wet, spritz a few squirts of the spray gel, style, then hairspray. If their hair holds up well the bow will stay too. The spray gel works wonders for fly-aways and Kaci's curls and keeps their hair tidier for longer. I also prefer alligator clips with textured ribbon strip glued inside to french clips or plastic clippies. They just stay better in my girls' fine hair. There is a way to make hair bows with a strong magnet on the alligator clip but I haven't tried it yet. Not much help here but any suggestions are welcome!
I think that's it, if there's something you want to know and I haven't covered it let me know and I can do another long winded addition. I'm just not a ton of help in these areas, I'm sort of a Jill of all trades. How does that saying go? Something like I can do a million different things but I've mastered none of them- yeah, that's pretty much me in a nutshell. Have a great rest of the weekend!
Look at you blogging on Sunday. Hope your lesson went well. Melissa did really good on her's. Oh and do I have news for you. But you'll have to wait until tomorrow before you get it.;)
ReplyDeleteRachel
I know that was mean of me.... I felt bad for about 3 seconds. :)
And having questions to answer! You're very popular! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope your lesson went well! The only reason mine went okay was because I had a ton of people comment and I didn't have to talk very much!
I know the secretttt..... :)
Thank you so much for the recipe- I was drooling and I think this might be a recipe that even I can handle! My hips thank you! :)
ReplyDeleteI am always trying new things with the girls' hair- thanks for the pointers, I'll have to try it out. I love the hair bows, but can never seem to get them to stay tied, or find a clip that stays in, besides the expensive ones from the little shop downtown. Thanks!!
I have something for ya! :)
ReplyDeleteSOOO glad to have the answers to the questions! I just bought Adobe Photoshop elements 6.0 and now I will pop over to that other blog for help. I need tips! Thanks!!!!
ReplyDeleteI made your never fail rolls this weekend (cinnamon rolls) they were so yummy. Kelli (allknames.blogspot.com)
ReplyDelete