Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving recap...



We had such a great Thanksgiving! We went to visit my parents this year and as much as I tried to get a picture of everyone I missed all the kids and a few adults, who I'm sure are grateful ;o). My grandma was able to come so it was nice to be able to see almost everyone (Kira, next year you better get on track!). I forgot to include myself in pictures so I had Mary take mine, pretty good for a 3 yr old.

We had a ton of super good food - partly because Cody picked out a 22# turkey so we had leftovers coming out of our ears but it made such awesome turkey noodles. Somehow I missed the pie that night but we had 8 pies laying around so I got my share later. Wow we had a ton of food!

Shopping was great, I forgot how nice it is to live in a tiny town so when you go to a store at 10 a.m. they still have some door busters left. In Boise it's do or die and at 5:15 my must have items were already gone. I did make it on the news on accident but that's a story for another day. I'm almost totally done with my Christmas shopping and it feels so good. I got so many things for soooo cheap and that feels even better! I do love Boise and all the stores they have. It was almost heaven, almost.

The kids knew that we were Christmas shopping Friday so on Thursday night they got my pile of ads and each one marked all the toys they wanted. I thought it was so cute when Ashlyn and Lyndsey started shopping for everyone. They were marking sausages, ovens, undies, tools and all sorts of things before bed.

While we were there Kaci developed a stye on her eye and we had to rush to the Pediatric Clinic last minute yesterday and Mary has a dentist appointment today so I've gotten nothing done for the past 2 days and the Bazaar is coming so hopefully I'll have a ton of cute projects to post withing the next few days. Wish me crafty luck!

2 comments:

  1. AT least you got pictures of Thanksgiving. I got NONE! Oh well... And I have to say Mary takes great photos.. I really like your hair in the pic it looks really cute! And I'm sending you my little- tiny- itty- bitty fliker of crafty luck! Hope it helps...:)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did do great. I like your hair cut too! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete