Saturday, November 3, 2007

Holy Smokes!


I feel like the biggest slob on the face of the planet! I've caught the spring cleaning bug early and decided to muck out my craft room/office before I tackle my bazaar crafts. I've never pulled out so many sacks of garbage and just junk. I have a huge bag just full of scrap paper, junk mail, school lunch menus, old lesson handouts, etc.... why do I hang on to that stuff??? I found a petrified bagel under my high tech fabric organizer (aka treadmill) . It took me over 4 hours yesterday and I still have about 2 more hours to get it organized. I consider myself a tidy person but I've always kept a messy office and my room is always cluttered. The rest of my house is usually just fine but wow, my rooms that are off limits are bad, out of sight out of mind. I'm going to resolve to keep my rooms clean from now on.

To start out my resolution I'm switching rooms with the girls today. We never spend anytime in our room other than sleeping so it seems like such a waste of such a large cute room. They will love all the space to play and the cupboard bed and I think it will be easier on me to keep my room cleaner if it's smaller. I'll post some pictures when I'm done but once again- Cody has my camera today. Tell me I'm not the only one with skeletons in my craft room! Wish me luck and hope the dust bunnies don't nab me.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on the bunnies. My whole house looks like crap right now and I really don't want to clean it but alas I'm going to takle it as soon as I'm done checking everyone's blog's. Maybe it'll take me all day and then I won't have to clean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly! Sounds like what I need to do here at my house! I am scared to start though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your on a roll! I can't wait to see pictures. I need to do some cleaning but am hoping that the cleaning fairy will visit my house instead of me doing it. Do you think she will come? :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Bridget...

    My sewing/craft room is finally organized. Stop by my blog as I have a Sewing Room/Craft Organization Challenge. Under CATEGORIES, select SEWING ORGANIZATION...hopefully you'll get a few ideas.

    I'm the same way with having a mostly organized house...but there is a room or two which is off limits...haha! I keep saying, "someday," yet someday never comes.

    With friendship,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete