Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My first Post...


And hopefully not the last! I can't believe I'm blogging but here goes. Today I've decided to do something crafty. After moving and all the yuck that comes with it I took a little hiatus from all things crafty. Now I can't wait to get my mitts on some paper or fabric or something that's not cardboard related. I've been trying to unpack a box a week, which means I'll never be officially moved in until the year 2020 but it's a start.

While I was unpacking I found a quilt that I started and never finished. I made it for Ashlyn before she was born and now that's she's going to be five in a little over a month I thought I should revive the poor quilt and give it some life finally. It's a sad situation because all it needed was a few machine quilted rows and the edges bound and it would have been finished but I let it sit, and a few places where I didn't remove the pins before storing rusted. I don't care for the colors or pattern now and because it's rusted in spots I like it even less, but with four kids I could definitely use another twin quilt laying around!


I'm going to be really good today and go to my playgroup. It's more of a playgroup for moms than kids where moms get together at the church and work on unfinished projects and let their kids go willy nilly all over the gym. It's supposed to be a scrapbooking group but there are only 3 dedicated scrappers so it's really a "what ever you haven't finished and you just want to come visit group". I signed myself up over a year ago and haven't gone yet... I know, I know, bad group member, but it starts at 10:00 a.m. and I just can't pull myself together by then so there's no way I can pull out my stuff for a project and try to bring that to. Today however is going to be the turning point and I'm going to go and finish the quilt. How fitting to go to the church and quilt anyway, maybe it will give me the push I need to start going even if I do show up an hour late today. I know I would like it if I would just go!

1 comment:

  1. Bridgie,
    The one who always hated to be late and if you were late then we are not going, is this you that is saying you were an hour late? Oh Bridge, YOu do make me laugh! Love your new blog.
    Love Auntie Tina

    ReplyDelete