Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Outies

 

A fancy camera does not a photographer make. Photography takes knowledge, talent, and the patience of a saint. I’m fresh out of all of those.

00Easter1

This is the best I have of our Easter dressy shots. All my pictures were out takes. All I asked for was to look at the camera and smile. I wasn’t naïve enough to think I could control their body movements or hand positions. If they stand close enough together and no one is pulling hair or rolling on the ground writhing in picture pain I call it a win.  All I care about are the faces. Please. Pretty pretty please.

 

00easter2

I begged. Sneezes don’t care. Jake and Jeremy don’t either. After 5 shots they expired and turned into pumpkins. And then there were 4-

00easter3

I bribed them.

00eastermajor

I threatened to sell them to the circus.

00easterMackie

I told them I would set them free with one smile, just one teeny weeny little smile.

00Easterweeds

One of them, bet you can’t guess who, kept sneezing. At least I got three of them to kind of smile right.

00easter4

And I was left with this when I begged/pleaded/threatened/bribed head spinning in circles to get just one last good one.

I was going to take individual pictures to show off the dresses I made (the first, second, and fourth dress, mom made the third) but I didn’t have it in me.

Next year.

Next year I’m not letting them have their Easter baskets until I get one good picture! Might be weeks until they get to eat their peeps ;o).

Hope your pictures turned out better than mine!

7 comments:

  1. You are incredible!!! Those dresses are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those dresses! And your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are priceless! Lovely children, sneezes and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful kiddos and the dresses are amazing!! Just think of all the wonderful memories.....years from now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! And just for the record, I think the fact that you got them all in one frame at the same time is impressive (I thought it was a challenge with just my two)! Love the expressions...and the dresses...and the handsome young men as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Who says you aren't a great photog? It takes quite a bit of talent to time a picture to capture a sneeze! I especially love the pattern you used for Ashlyn and Mary's dresses. Too cute!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I feel your pain. I have 4 on my own . I tryed so hard to get a good shot at the first day of preschool. no way :(

    ReplyDelete