Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter realization

I know Easter was a week ago but I’m still recovering so you’ll have to humor me. I swore to myself I wouldn’t dress the kids matchy matchy this Easter.  I tried but just couldn’t find the right fabrics in time.  Nothing spoke to me.

00easterkids1

Even the fabric I bought to make their dresses (which I still have in a nice folded pile) is the same design in different color ways. I need to be honest with myself.  I have a matchy matchy problem.  More of an illness really.

00eastershirt

It can’t be helped.

They’ll thank me someday.  For what I’m not sure.

Not for putting their silly mugs on the net that’s for sure ;o). I thought I dressed them differently at least once. Nope.

easter

I’ve got more but they just get worse and worse. And Christmas… let’s not go there.

Tell me I’m not the only one with this disease.  I keep telling myself that but I can’t be trusted to tell myself the big bad pastel truth.

I did make all but 3 years of them out of 11 so I get brownies for that, and this year I put sleeves on Kennedy’s dress and made Jake’s blush (not pink) tie so that counts for something.

Next year I will make 4 different dresses and 2 different ties.  So let it be written, so let it be done. That or I need to start saving my pennies for lots and lots of therapy.

Hope you had a great Easter!

11 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! You aren't the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when the kids match. I think it's cute. They'll grown about it at holidays when they are older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you don't know me, but your family is darling and you are not alone. it is an illness ;) sometimes even my husband matches...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this post! I seriously thought I was the only one on earth who dressed my kids alike. People comment on it (negatively) a lot, but I think it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done the same (as did my mother). However, this is the last year - so my 9 year old daughter tells me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the matching! I have two children of the same gender now, had one of each before baby 3, and I can't help myself. It is good to have grand plans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! You are definetly NOT alone! I have two boys and have always dressed them alike or coordinating....and not just on holidays! Now we have added a little girl to the mix and the 5 of us match if we go to an event, party, family outing....it is a sickness but I don't want a cure! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a beautiful family! I always said I wouldn't dress my boys matchy either, but still manage to do it on every special occasion =).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same problem. Mine is so bad I end up getting my 1 and 2 year old dressed and then me and don't realize we all are wearing the exact same color until we are out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say keep doing it till they rise up against you in protest. They look so cute. I had my husband and son in matching me made shirts this year and they loved it. Last year they both wore ties to match dd's dress.

    ReplyDelete