Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Caring for the Cannons

00Nurse

Today is a good reminder of why I shouldn’t feel badly about milking all I could from Mother’s day.  24 complete hours of not doing anything mother-ish unless I wanted to.  No meals, no diapers, I didn’t answer to a single “Mom… she’s breathing on me!” because Cody is awesome and took care of it all. 

I was down and out yesterday and today I’m back in the trenches with Kaci and Kennedy who have the flu.  Kennedy has never had the flu so I’m very grateful for that, but she’s not quite 2 yet so I never know when she’s going to lose it and where.  Crafting is taking a back seat to my cute little sickly cannons for now.  So is cleaning my oven, my personal hygiene, and paying bills.  In that order.  Hopefully my couch and I make it out alive!

 

0blog signature[7]

7 comments:

  1. you are one brave mommy! congrats on number 6 on the way! you'll have to check out my friend shauna's blog http://mymixofsix.blogspot.com/. she's got six kids too and has some pretty fabulous family ideas. good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, oh, man. I hope they get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no . . . hope all are well VERY soon. I have a two year old, and it's the worst when those little ones are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual, your a breath of fresh air.I luv the breathing on you thing. Miss GK was in a hissy fit in town, and I stopped to use a bathroom...telling her calmly I would prey for her..IT WORKED...LOL.
    You remind me that our darlings are priceless...
    Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hugs!
    I have dealt with the young ones and the flu and it is so not fun!

    ReplyDelete