Monday, May 17, 2010

Bathtized

Ashlyn is turning 8 in 2 weeks and she’s choosing to get baptized, or as my kids call it bathtized. It’s tradition in our house to get baptized on your birthday so I’m going to be really busy trying to birthday it up and plan a baptism. I’m super excited for her and she’s bouncing off the walls excited. I’m a freak and have had all her gifts for months now but I still have to make the dress. THE dress. She’s made a few requests so I’m trying to piece them all together into something I’m willing to make. Should be interesting. When will I learn to keep my mouth shut and just surprise them with what I want them to wear? White flour sack with a burlap tie, if it was good enough for the pioneers it’s good enough for me. Ash didn’t like that idea.

00dress

The yuck is still circulating through our house so I never got a chance to post about what we did as a Primary for Mother’s day. I baked a bunch of pendants from Sculpey clay and cut a ton of white pillow boxes with my silhouette. Using my trusty rusty ink pads we put their tiny little finger prints on the pendants with their name and date on the back and they decorated their boxes with big butterfly stickers and crayons. I think they turned out great, but I might be a bit biased.

00momday00momday1

* I was originally inspired by this necklace and couldn't for the life of me find the link until now. It's really cute but needs to be baked after which is fun but didn't work for the group project I was doing. You should check it out though.*

I know it’s too late for this year but I thought it could help someone out for next Mother’s day. Thinking ahead you know. Have a great Monday!

0blog signature[7]

7 comments:

  1. That is a great idea. I might use it for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A birthday/baptism dress made by mom . . . that will be a very special dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see how the dress turns out! I love little white dresses! Blessing dresses, baptism dresses, and wedding gowns! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephew called it bathtize, too. Read my blog post about it at Kelley Highway, 12/15/09, "Bath-tized." Can't WAIT to see the aDORable dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fingerprint pendants. And best of luck on the baptism dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bridget, I've just found your blog, and I love it! The title of this post made me giggle. When my youngest son was small, he asked me when he was going to be 'backwashed' like his older brothers and sister! The things kids say are priceless, aren't they? I'm a new follower too!

    ReplyDelete