I wanted to pop in and show you the gift we made in Primary for the teachers for Christmas. Hand print aprons! I got the idea from Hilary (private blog) who made them for school but it worked great for church to.
It took us 2 Sundays and a bunch of help since we kicked out the teachers and other leaders so it would be a surprise. We did 13 total including 4 that had every primary child’s print of some sort, but it wasn’t too bad. I would have blogged it sooner but a few teachers read my blog so I had to keep it on the down low until they got them this week.
All I did was buy a white apron from Joann’s, printed “We Love Sister Whateveryournameis, your 2009 Primary Class” on iron on, and stitched on a fabric heart. We used foam brushes to paint the watered down paint on the little hands before pressing and wrote the name under the hand print using a super fine tip sharpie.
I think these make a great gift that will be fun to have when those cute little souls turn into martyrs to acne 10 years from now. Cody is working out of town, possibly for the next 5 weeks (home on the weekends) so I’m off to start another project that should last into the wee hours. Bring on the thrashed house and cereal for dinner ;).
Great idea. The aprons are just darling!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to know that a thrashed house and cereal for dinner is a normal thing to do (once in a while) for those of us that craft! I can totally relate - my hubby is gone this week too. I'm cutting fabric right now! It's only 3 in the afternoon. Hehe! Have a fun night!
I love cereal for dinner on those days as well! Have fun. Those aprons are way cute.
ReplyDeleteI love that you also feed your kids cereal for supper at times!! my kids were really excited when my husband was gone we had left over tacos for breakfast. :)
ReplyDelete♥ That's such a FABULOUS idea!!!!
ReplyDeletehow darling! I never even thought of Primary teachers! (oops!) and the handprints are way fun!
ReplyDeletei'd love to see your tutorial on the little sun dress, i love reading your blog and your patterns are soo cute. Keep up the awsome work :)
ReplyDelete