If I don’t make a peep until sometime next week. I’m a gigantic baby and I’ve spent most of the previous week crying my brown eyes blue. I lost my wedding ring. It’s lost for real and just typing that makes my eyes well up.
I know to some people it’s not such a big deal but to me it’s “cry your eyes out and mope for a week” worthy. That was last week though, this week is “tear your house apart, finally unpack and clean up, and hope it’s in a box somewhere” week.
I have fun stuff to share and I’ve been working on things here and there but until I find my ring or give up hope I’m just not in the mood. Cody did pick me up a temporary replacement so I wouldn’t feel so naked in the mean time but I want my real one. One that won’t turn my finger green ;). What is it about wearing a ring that makes you feel so secure? I think I could walk down the street naked if I had my ring but without it I feel totally exposed. Wouldn’t my neighbors just love that- ha! Wish me luck and I promise craftier things to come next week!
oh my heavens! I am so sorry!!! I hope you find it!
ReplyDeleteOh, this awful. So sorry for you. How sweet of your hubby to get you something so you don't feel naked without it.
ReplyDeleteMine fell down the bathroom sink years ago. Luckily my husband was able to get it out. We have sentimental attachments to our wedding rings, but they are just a symbol of our love to our spouses. You apparently have a wonderful spouse who loves you because he got you another one until you find the one you lost.
Hugs to you.
I really do know how you feel. Ten years ago I lost my rings. They were MIA for a week. I cried and cried and cried some more. My husband even said not to be so upset, but that just made it worse.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, when I had given up hope and returned to the usual routine which included a massive pile of laundry (all I did for a week was feed the kids and look) I found it in my jeans pocket. I had changed a REALLY nasty diaper and slipped the rings in my pocket to keep them "safe".
I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE you are able to find yours - it COULD happen.
:) Ann
Oh, another idea! Two weeks ago I could not for the life of me find my car keys. Luckily my husband leaves his keys to my car at home because they were gone for three days. Found them in one of the purses my 20 month old likes to carry. I thought I had checked them all...
ReplyDeleteI will now stop stalking you with my LOST stories!
:) Ann
Aww I hope you can find them. I know what you mean about feeling secure with them on. I am far enough along in my pregnancy I cannot wear mine anymore and I HATE not having them on my finger. I feel SO naked!!!
ReplyDeleteoh man. talk about sad. i sure hope you find it soon. good luck my friend!
ReplyDeletep.s. last year i lost some (small-but-irreplaceable) christmas presents i had made and spent far too many sleepless nights feeling sad and bitter about it. when i had finally given up (post tearing my tiny apartment apart) i found them in the tool box. ummm???
ReplyDeleteI lost my wedding ring set 8 years ago in Tri-Cities I know how it feels. Hope you find it.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry! I can only imgaine how you must feel, I would be completely lost without my wedding ring. I've only taken it off when I sprained my hand and had to for xrays and when I was pregnant with my daughter and my hands swelled so bad I was afraid they would have to cut it off;-)
ReplyDeleteI hope you find it very very soon!
I pray that you find it. totally get what you mean by feeling naked without it. Best wishes;)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry... I know I would feel the same way. Sending lots of thoughts your way that you'll find it. Good Luck.
ReplyDeleteI hate losing things. It totally irks me. Once I lost my "nursing ring" (the ring I wore to remind me which side to nurse on next). I went buggy over it. Somehow I realized I lost it on the sidelines of the soccer field (taking off my gloves to pour hot chocolate for my son). The next day after church we went back to the field and my husband found it! I was so relieved. I don't know why I was so worried. The ring was less than $50 and there wasn't any sentimental attachment to it really.
ReplyDeleteIf it had been my wedding ring or engagement ring, I would have lost my mind. I hope you find it. And soon.
OHHH...I will be thinking about you. I know I shouldn't pray about material things but I will pray for your peace of mind :) Maybe finding your ring will bring your peace of mind =)
ReplyDeleteOh no! I hope you find it soon. I would cry too. Good luck with the search.
ReplyDeleteI do hope you find it...and soon!!
ReplyDeleteOn Friday, I lost the diamond out of my ring...for the 2nd time. No where to be found...probably at Target or something.
The first time it happened, I BAWLED like a baby...along with the initial gasp I let out, hubby though I was having a major meltdown.
I know how you feel...to a point.
♥ i'm sorry!!! I lost mine for 2 weeks and hated it... I understand the feeling naked part although totally couldn't do the walking down the street naked thing!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI really hope it shows up!!! SOOOOONNNNNN!!!
oh I will pray for you that you find it soon!
ReplyDeleteThat is awful and I totally understand the feeling. I wear a fake one when I'm pregnant because I feel everyone would look at me weird if I didn't have a ring on. I hope you find it.
ReplyDeleteOH NO! I completely understand what you are going through! I lost my engagement ring (which I loved with all my heart) on our wedding day! Our day of bliss ended with my new husband and myself rummaging through garbage, yes, garbage, looking for my ring. The sad thing was, we never found it. Good luck finding yours!
ReplyDeleteGood luck finding your ring! Mine has been lost since February. I feel your pain. I'm still hoping I will find it. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteDon't lose hope. My sister just found her ring after 2 years. They had moved twice during that time. She finally found it in a random box of unpacked baby clothes that her daughter had been playing with. She was folding up the clothes to put them back in the box and she felt somthing hard in one of the feet of those one piece outfits that baby's wear. Now she's got it back on her finger (fitted right) and all.
ReplyDeleteI pray that you will find your wedding ring and all will be well in the Baxter house once again :)
ReplyDeleteIn the meantime I've been working on my applique t-shirts that you inspired and will send pics soon.
Amy Daniels
So sorry to hear that!!!!! I would DIE if my ring got lost :( But if it makes you feel better, one of my girlfriends lost her ring a couple of months ago, and she searched high and low for it and finally found it one day when it fell out of her day-planner. :)
ReplyDeleteSo you may find it yet!!!!!
Good luck!
Dani
craftrookie.blogspot.com
therecipegal.blogspot.com
I am so so sorry!
ReplyDeleteI know that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach so well!
After my daughter died my husband bought me a ring with her birthstone so that I could always have her close.
I lost her ring and I was devestated. I did eventually find it, and I have never been so relieved in my life.
I hope you are as lucky as I was and that you find your precious ring soon.
My condolences. I would cry for a long time too. I hope it shows up soon!!!
ReplyDeletei thought i lost my wedding ring a few months ago and cryed all afternooon while looking everywhere in the house and getting mad at my son because i figured he did something with it. thankfully my "funny" husband actually hid it on me and thought he was just playing a practical joke...until he found out i literally cried all afternoon and then he felt so bad.
ReplyDeletei really hope you find it, and if not, i really hope you have insurance and a good pic so it can be recreated atleast, although i know the real thing would be so much better.
good luck. i am sad for you.
I feel for you Bridget! I do hope you find it!! I will be hoping the best for you!!!
ReplyDeleteM
I so hope you find your ring...
ReplyDeleteAna
I'm SO sorry to hear about your ring. I'm sure your heart is broken. Hang in there. Hopefully it will turn up somewhere.
ReplyDelete