Friday, September 4, 2009

Can you help a girl out?

I’m stuck.  I have been hung up on whether or not to cut up one of my shirts to finish my $1 shirt project.  I’ve been stuck for 3 days now just scratching my head and going humm.  To cut or not to cut, that is the question.

00questionStinking absent light, the colors are lighter than this.

The $1 shirt is a red and grey tiny stripe.  I like the red, I like the stripe, and for some reason I love the grey.  I want to bring out the grey and make a pair of leggings to go with the newly refashioned shirt.  I have this grey on grey striped shirt I was going to use but I keep hesitating.  Does it go?  Does it have to go to go? Do you know what I’m talking about or am I as nuts as I feel right now?

 000oreoface

Kaci, my little oreo faced sewing helper, says no.  I told her to go find her dad, I don’t need her help anymore ;).

So what do you think?  Yes it goes, no it doesn’t?

Also, if you look out the window behind Kaci you can see my yard.  See the pretty rocks we’re growing.  They are fantastic.   I have another project I want to show off but I had to take pictures in the yard.  If you promise not to judge my rock and chicken poop garden I’ll show you.  Maybe.  I’m still really embarrassed about my house right now but that’s life isn’t it.  Fun projects, rocks, and chicken poop. Okay, maybe just my life ;).

6 comments:

  1. growing rocks is fun & low maintenance. . . so I think you're actually onto something. Plus, it's like going green (without the green) because you don't need to use water. Right? right.
    Kaci is adorable. Do you think I could just borrow her for a little while so my boys could see how sweet & adorable little girls are? We'd only partially scar her for life. . . just kidding. Can't wait to see what you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if the shirt is still usable and you're still wearing it then heck no! don't cut!
    but if you feel you'd wear it more and will love it more as leggings then go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥ I think they're both cute! If it was me though I probably wouldn't put them together though... but you always have your kids dressed so cute so maybe I'm just not "seeing it" because things always look different on... Do you know what I mean? Kaci is so dang cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I don't think they 'go'... but the way that they don't 'go' probably makes it go enough. does that make sense? I'm all about funky... but just a little funky enough to still be cute and not completely mis-matched. I <3 leggings on little ladies, and the most important thing (to me) is that the shirt/dress is long enough so the butt doesn't completely show. I think your combo qualifies... just my 2 cents.

    also, just a thought - go with your original thought. I tend to question myself a bunch and then go back to what i first decided. Sometimes I miss the boat, or choose my non-first choice (drives my hubby nuts)... then regret it, but once in ahwile the opposite occurs too. I'm trying to listen to the "inner artist" so I don't have so much of a debate.

    Good luck! (and sorry for leaving a novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They dont match or go at all. Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  6. As an artist and pro of color theory I say YES, it goes. Go for it!! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete