Thursday, August 13, 2009

Non sewing related t-shirts

Occasionally I get tired of sewing.  Blasphemy I know!  I can’t believe how long this latest sewing kick has lasted and to be honest I’m really not tired of sewing. 

Sometimes I just get tired of the wait you know?  Starting a project and waiting a few hours to see it finished is sometimes too much for this a.d.d. mom to handle.  I want instant gratification and I want it now!

That’s where this little bit of stuff, called iron on transfer material (or iron on t-shirt vinyl) makes my whole world brighter. I’ve seen it cheaper elsewhere but you have to buy a warehouse worth at a time so if anyone has any insider cheap places to get this stuff cough it up ;). If you have a die cutting machine, silhouette, cricut, or anything like that you can make yourself feel really awesome really fast. 

Like this-

000keepcalm2

It took me longer to find a plain shirt than it took me to make the entire thing.  3 minutes my friends, and that’s with a cookie break and adding some bling.  Can I get an Amen!

I wanted to make Jeremy a funny “I tried it at home” shirt but I realized I only have brown, white, and black transfer and I needed a smidge of orange for some flames, long story, so I made this one instead-

000hungersign

It fits him to a T, bad pun but it’s true.  The boys favorite subject in school is lunch.

And yes, red and orange were not my first choice colors but they were seriously the only 2 plain shirts left in our county in the sizes I needed.  Blast you small Oregon town, blast you!  Jeremy loves orange though so I’m okay with it, I just need to wear my sunglasses when he wears it.  Ashlyn’s is a bit o’ Britain so the red goes, at least that’s what I tell myself.

This is my last post this week. I’m off to sew my little heart out tomorrow so I will back and sharing even more stuff next week.  Have a great weekend!  I know I’m going to.

7 comments:

  1. Love them - now all I need is a die cut machine - I have my eye on one but am just waiting for the price to drop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable, Bridget. I'm not sure which one I like better. They are both way cool. Hmmm ... I think I need to invest in a diecut machine now ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the "keep calm and carry on" journal at Kate's Paperie in NYC and seeing it on Ashlyn's shirt made me realize how very much I enjoy your bog--kindred spirits and all that! But seriously, your blog continues to be this ray of sunshine to me--thanks!!!! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you about finding plain t-shirts! I have one that loves orange as well - I need one of those shirts for out here in the UK!! Cute ideas

    ReplyDelete
  5. ♥ I need to get me some iron on vinyl!!! Where do you get it from... or better yet maybe we all need to get together and pitch in for the cheaper stuff? :)

    ReplyDelete