All kidding aside, what 2 month old goes from taking two 3 to 4 hour naps everyday to taking five 20 minute naps only when being held? Mine!! This mom has had it and I'm feeling totally overwhelmed. I'm so stressed out that I keep falling asleep on the couch, with the baby since we're apparently Siamese twins, at 9:00. On Monday I fell asleep just after 8. Just call me Gloria and get me a cup for my teeth since Kennedy has aged me to 90. This is the worst possible time for this, I'm getting nothing done and I'm so focused on getting Kennedy to take a nap that the day flies by and it's time for dinner before I even realize breakfast is over. I am far, far, far from even appearing perfect right now.
If you're local and you are reading this- please please please do not come over! I would die of embarrassment and I would simply have to move. If you want to see me go to Australia I guess that's a good plan, just come on over and I'll be forced to take a sweet passport picture in my jammies with no bra on and flee the country. I can hear my enemies now "Moowhaaa ha ha, that's it! Jinkins grab our best pot luck rice casserole we will destroy the Baxter's!" because every evil genius has a sidekick named Jinkins.
I'm not sure what that last paragraph was about so I'll leave you with this-

Isn't she stinking adorable, good thing or I might be forced to upgrade. No, downgrade. I don't think I can handle six kids.
♥ I'm sorry! Fussy is so not fun! I hope she gets over it very quickly!
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up with your first & third paragraphs! :)
What do you mean you can't handle six!! I thought 7 was in the cards! ;)
ReplyDeleteAlso I don't think tech support would help, you'll most likely end up talking to someone in Peru! How much was Coopers collar again??? :)J/K
A Nanny, yeah that's what we need.. We could craft all day, imagine all we could get done in just an afternoon!
Ps.. You have to stop posting pictures with all these little clothes on, memory lane isn't good for me today! ;)
She does look pretty cute in mrs. sock monkey though.
Oh no! Fussy is so hard. My first was a fuss bucket for her first year. I hardly got anything done. But I think it might be worse to have a sudden change from not fussy to fussy. Hope she switches back for you!
ReplyDeletesounds like a case of the growth spurts to me. . .don't worry too much. This too, shall pass. I think it's contagious though. My children are up at night again too. . .but with no naps whatsoever. With the change from daylight savings we're absolutely messed up! I've been in bed - sleeping - by 9 PM lately. Of course, that is quickly & all too frequently interrupted by one of my children. And they're up by 4:30 AM!!!!!!!! Calgon, take me AWAY!! I'll send non fussy vibes your way. We're all getting adjusted today - chiropractor here we come!
ReplyDeleteNothing needs to get done now. Just relax and sleep. Invite yourselves somewhere for thanksgiving and keep christmas simple. I loved this post. Keeps you real. Sorry. Hugs and Prayers for sleep.
ReplyDeleteOh man I totally understand this post! My twins were my hardest babies and there were two of them. Crying and screaming was their favorite thing to do...
ReplyDeleteIt gets better.
Oh yes.... my first two were fusspots and I wanted to sell them ebay some days - lol. Really it does pass, just keep telling youself that and you'll get through it. Oh and buy yourself a sling - they worked wonders with my kiddos.
ReplyDeletethank you so much for being a normal person with normal children! all too often all you read about are these super-moms that can handle 6 kids and a career and have fabulous abs. yeah, right. we are well on our way to #4 and still freaking out about it, but you are helping me find the humor!
ReplyDeleteI was in this same place last year. Now my (final) baby isn't a baby anymore. He's a "big boy". Honey! Just hold her, put your feet up and snuggle up. I know it's a pain but this is such a short time in your life and one day you'll miss it. Just take it easy and enjoy them.
ReplyDelete