Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fishy game, almost check!

I'm going to be out and about all weekend catching up on things I couldn't do while my car was out of commission so I wanted to blog about this before I forget and move on to the next project. I want to crank up the craft around here and get my list done!



I'm almost finished with Kaci's fishing game. The sea life are done, the pole and "bobber" magnet are painted and all I have left to do is drill a hole in the dowel and string it up. As you can see painting is not my strong suit so don't judge me, also don't look at the threads, I'm a little embarrassed but it's done enough darn it. I'm going to add a cute little galvanized bucket to keep her catch in as soon as I can get to town and pick one up. I was thinking they won't get lost as easily because the magnetic fish will stick to the bucket, I'm hoping anyway. The entire finished package looks really cute in my head... if only you could see all the cute stuff I have stuck up there!

Thank you so much Memoirs of a Mommy for the cute tutorial that sparked my nautical-ness. Next up- dressed up towels and bath mat for Grandma G. I have her name in our "handmade under $10" family challenge and she doesn't get online so I know I'm safe here ;o).


12 comments:

  1. I have been lurking for awhile, I figured it was only polite to finially comment. That is the cutest thing I have seen ever! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, I may have to copy your idea for my nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I could possibly do this!!! Oh boy . ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so dang cute! Great job Bridget. I'm sure your kiddos will have a lot of fun fishin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. boy your a blogaholic these days. hehe.

    I dont know what your talking about strings or not your suit or what ever. Those are the cutest things I have ever seen. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those really turned out cute!! I am sure they will be loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok-I knew there was a reason that I came to your blog at 9:30 at night. Now I am all inspired and mY eyes are burning from being so freakin tired!!! NOt a good mix! I love this little fish game! What a great gift! If I could sewI would whip these up for my nephews in a heart beat! Also, your dolls on your to do list-how cute are they? Also-the purses! The fuzzy t-shirt! My my my! You are one buzy little bunny! I love the sticky books-who are you making those for? SO-keep the pics coming, I fore one am very inspired!! Now, if only I can keep that inspiration alive and well until I get out of bed tomorrow!

    I read that you can't respong to others-I don't need you too-but if you would like too-it's sassystylin@comcast.net
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bridget these are so clever. Good Job! I love them. I think you and Rachel both are just too smart for your own good....pass some of it my way would ya?!

    ReplyDelete