Saturday, September 20, 2008

A must make



I saw this on my blog reader today and I just have to make one or a dozen. It's a fantastic Junk Journal by Janet Hopkins made from hollowing out a book and turning the cover into a binder. Genius! She posted the instructions here or if you'd rather buy one you can here.


I just got called to be the activity director for the 8-11 yr. old girls in our church and I think it would be a blast to make a modified version with them. We are going to have so much fun!!!


This weekend I've been trying to fight off the urge to do a revenge tutorial so maybe this would keep me busy. Cody also bought me a serger that I have to figure out so maybe I should do that too. It was a whopping $7 so as you can imagine I have some work to do. I saw a dead moth next to the blade, yum. I'd like to kiss the person who invented canned air so I don't have to touch it.


It would be great if the canned air guy looked like this. Have a great weekend, but I have a feeling with my last image you're off to a good start ;o).



8 comments:

  1. Look at that two posts in a few days. you must have had some FREE time!Ha ha-that was funny huh? 5 kids and free time-yea right! I can't even imagine 5-just thinking about it makes me want a ding dong or three!
    those little books are darling. I am going to go and check them out and see if my acheivement day girlies would love it! of course they would-they love everything i do. I will have to post the "acorns" we made last week. take a hershey kiss-mini nilla wafers-still the kiss to the wafer with a little bit of pb or frosting-which ever you prefer and voila-an acorn! Put them on a plate with a note that says I am "nuts" about you! They were a hit! I have made them now about 20 times-i have them the past 15 times. At least I gave some away right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is FABULOUS!
    Matthew is just HOT!

    :)Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. . .nice picture. . . and he's such a happy new daddy too. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know he "planted" his son's placenta in his yard, or something like that! That was sort of a turn-off for me! ;) Only for a minute though, then I got over it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very interesting junk journal. I am going to think about it, but as crafty as I am not, it will just be a thought. I am still working on kimbers cupcake room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♥ Very cute junk journal! Can't I be in your Activity girls group??? So cute! Yay for a serger!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that book is awesome! i think my sister is having her junior high students create something similar to those in their art class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so stinking hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. Been there, done that on the 'tag sale' serger. Yeah. I hear ya on old moths.

    ReplyDelete